PSA

Mar. 14th, 2007 09:12 am
kyrene: (Default)
[personal profile] kyrene
If my LJ offends you so much, why do you read it?

If my opinions bother you so much, may I ask why they matter so much to you? Do they really hold that much weight in your worldview?

If you dislike me as much as you claim, then my opinions wouldn't be worth monkey dung.

It's very simple: if you don't like what I say, stop reading. I'm obviously not going to stop stating my opinion anytime soon, and so maybe it's best that you find a better hobby. Perhaps take up knitting or whatever.

It's worth noting that I have never given a damn what people think of me, nor do I plan to start anytime soon. I especially don't give a damn of people's opinions when the people in question do not have my respect.

Stuff maybe you should meditate on, perhaps.

Note: this obviously doesn't apply to anyone on my friends list.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 02:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ravendreamer.livejournal.com
More drama in the hellenic community. How exciting, we are nearly at the threshold where we could sell the TV rights to make a soap opera. We could call it 'Days of our Olympians' or 'Jovian Nights' or something like that

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 02:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kyrene-myste.livejournal.com
I think we need stronger criteria in our leaders than "writes good poetry" or "creates beautiful websites." Maybe even, I dunno, look to how they behave and the things that they actually do. Then maybe this sort of thing would happen less often.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 04:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ravendreamer.livejournal.com
Its one of those 'in the land of the bald, the one with the horible hairdo is king'...something like that. We dont have enough good leaders. One of my friends gave me this advice once 'Just because a position is open, doesnt mean that you should fill it with just anybody'.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 02:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] brontosproximo.livejournal.com
this image frightens the peepul.
Image
You should get back on, and quickly.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 03:17 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 04:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] owl-clan.livejournal.com
For some strange reason, my opinions seem to offend people, too. Like you, I'm not likely to stop smearing my opinions from one end of the internet to the other.

But the second thing you said is very important- I also don't give a damn of people's opinions when the people in question don't have my respect. I wish I could get this across to people more. I'm going to have to make a banner that explains this and put it on all my sites. People really think that you care sooo much about what they say- if I had to care about what everyone said, I wouldn't have the time or energy to do things like breathe and blink. No, I've gotten this far precisely by ignoring quite a lot of people.

Kyrene, would you PLEASE go back and take over Hellenic Pagan again? The Asspounders you left in charge there are no fun. They censor and think that they can really solve the problems of the world by treating adults like children and getting big ego-fixes by censoring people's posts. At least when you were a mod there I could actually participate.

(no subject)

Date: 2007-03-14 04:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chantrea.livejournal.com
Knitting is for good, productive people who love life, the world, and expressing free opinions! They should take up something boring and oppressive like stamp licking. Needle work takes brains and talent!

Profile

kyrene: (Default)
Kyrene

September 2010

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
26 27282930  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags